this guide is Machine Translated.
Getting started with SORACOM Air for Sigfox
In this document, we will visualize the data sent from the Sigfox device using SORACOM Harvest.
- Step 1: Set up the Sigfox device
- Step 2: Confirm communication using SORACOM Harvest
In the above steps, we will explain the basic setting and communication check procedure for communication. Further developed usage will be introduced in “Applications” later in this document.
- Advanced version: Data transmission to various services and data reception by downlink function
The premise of this guide is as follows.
- You have created a SORACOM account
- The setup of the Sigfox device has been completed
- Refer to the following document for setup procedure
- Sigfox device Sens'it
- Sigfox Shield for Arduino
- The environment where Sigfox device can communicate with Sigfox
Check and set the Sigfox device. The Sigfox device will be registered in your account when you confirm receipt on the “Order” screen of the user console. First of all, please follow the steps below to make sure that the Sigfox device owned by you is displayed on the user console.
Open “Sigfox Device Management” from the menu in the upper left corner of the user console.
After confirming that the Sigfox device is associated with the account, create a Sigfox group to set up data transmission destination etc. The setting procedure is as follows.
Click “Sigfox Group” from the menu button at the upper left of the user console.
When the Sigfox group list screen is displayed, click the “Add” button on the upper left of the screen.
When you enter Sigfox group name and click “Create group” button, group creation is completed.
Next, register the Sigfox device in the previously set Sigfox group. In order to communicate, it is necessary to make sure that one Sigfox device belongs to one Sigfox group.
- Click “Sigfox Device Management” from the menu button on the upper left of the user console.
- When the Sigfox device list is displayed, put a check mark on the device you want to register in the Sigfox group.
- Click the “Operation” button at the upper left of the screen, click “Change belonging group”, and set the group you want the device to belong to.
- Finally, clicking the “Change group” button completes group setting.
Data collected by Sigfox devices can be sent using either Beam, Funnel, or Harvest services. In this example, we will send data using Harvest which is easy to set up and check if the device is communicating. For details on how to send data using other services, see the application section of this document.
For the setting of SORACOM Harvest of each Sigfox device, refer to the document of each device below.